My So-called Life

Thoughts of a thirtyish with a mind and outlook of a teener.

Name:
Location: Marikina City, Philippines

I am an angel and the devil, all at the same time. Because of that there's a raging battle inside of me. But I could only have one worst enemy - MYSELF.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Life As I Know It

It's kinda funny how a simple thing could touch our lives. I mean, I tend to be melodramatic over everyday happenings. Sometimes, no matter how regular an occurrence is, it just hit you right at where it matters most - your heart.

Just this morning, I saw a child enjoying an ice cream cone. Yeah, as in 8am! What's more, he is oblivious to the heavy traffic and the occasional grunts of people inside the bus.

It was just him and his cone.

Know what!? A thought hit me. He made me realize, though life seem to be bleak in my eyes, it's a matter of pespective.

No, I don't think that one's perspective has got to do with age, sex, circumstance, etc... It's really how you look at things. The boy is at an advantage, because he has not seen much of the world yet. But if you choose to be unaffected the way that boy did, this could be the key to contentment and, perhaps, happiness.

One can choose to look at the brighter side and be happy, no matter what.

Life, as I know it, is very different from that boy's, my friends', the person sitting right next to me in the bus and even from my mom's. But we can all strive for that elusive thing.

Whatever way I look at Life, what counts is how my life touched the lives of others - friends and strangers alike.

So, was I that "little boy" in your life? ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home