My So-called Life

Thoughts of a thirtyish with a mind and outlook of a teener.

Name:
Location: Marikina City, Philippines

I am an angel and the devil, all at the same time. Because of that there's a raging battle inside of me. But I could only have one worst enemy - MYSELF.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Holiday Plans

I know it's 6am and it's really too early for making an entry. But I just want to write this down, I might not be able to with the things running on my mind.

Holy Week is coming up. Yup! That means I will have 4 days holiday.

Thinking about that 4 days makes me sad. I am so sure to spend them at home, reading and watching DVDs.

I met with a friend this weekend and we kinda agreed to make this year different. We shall not be spending all 4 days couped up at home. We are going out!!! So, in a kinda roundabout way, we started planning our holiday.

I always wanted to go on a backpacking trip. Guess what? My friend humoured me and agreed to come with me. Although, I'm not sure how are we gonna do that given the number of commuters at this time of the year. You know how it is here in the Philippines during holy week holidays. Everyone just wants to get away from the city, so i guess it will be one hell of an adventure trying to get transport to and from the places we want to go to.

But I will not be deterred. I happen to like spending a day or two in a beach. Read, sunbathe, swim, laze under the sun really. The places that we will visit? Bolinao and Baguio. I know! It's crazy to plan a backpacking when everyone else are probably headed to the beach or somewhere cold like Baguio. But my friend is so insistent... and I am excited. This is actually the first time that I will be doing it. I'm more nervous than excited really. But I don't want to pass up the chance. I mean, how many ladies can actually say that they went on a backpacking trip. I bet, I'll be one of the 10 or so people.

I have to work until Thursday morning. My friend doesn't know this yet, we plan to leave the city on Wednesday morning. I'm so sure someone's gonna have a BF (bitch fit)!!! Anyways, we're doing this for adventure. And an adventure we will surely have. Getting transport going to and fro the places we plan to visit will be a main feat.

I'm excited. I'll post pictures here, I hope we can really do it.

You'll be hearing more about this escapade here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home